WELCOME

My photo
I've fished for as long as I can remember, moving from bait to spinning, then to fly fishing much later in my life. But I must confess that I still may leave my fly rod behind to wander the stream with my spinning gear. While this 'blog' focuses on my piscatorial pursuits, it may at times digress.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Rainy Monday after Opening Weekend


I find other things to do on opening weekend but with the clouds and rain on Monday, I decided to put in a couple of hours and visit the local. The water was  low but clear and as the dog and I wandered downstream, the few pools with decent water looked good. Not steelhead good but small stream brown and brook good.

We turned back upstream and as expected there was nothing moving in the shallow runs. But things changed with the first pool, a flash, a tug and then nothing, followed on next cast a decent small stream brown.  More tugs and flashes and fish ensued, in all 3 browns and a small brook trout were brought to hand and released. 

The rain was getting harder and my shell proved that it wasn't waterproof but we kept on, getting strikes and landing the occasional fish in most of the small pools in all around ten or so small to medium trout brought to hand with at least as many long distance releases. There was even a strike in the run under the bridge before we called it a day and slogged our bedraggled way back home.



No comments:

Post a Comment